I guess I'm just quite observant and I pay attention to a lot of things. Human behavior really fascinates me. People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.
The capacity of mental, physical, emotional, and social activities experienced during the five stages of a human being's life - prenatal, infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. Includes the behaviors as dictated by culture, society, values, morals, ethics, and genetics.
You need to understand basic human behavior so that you can try to predict how others will react to your product. Fear, anger, excitement and happiness are just a few of the emotions that fall under the category of human behavior. Here, I'm listing 20 points which you may or may not know about Human Behavior:
1. People with high levels of testosterone get pleasure from the anger of others.
2. People with low self-esteem tend to humiliate others. Subjects who were told that the results of their IQ test were poor expressed more national and religious prejudices, than those who reported higher results.
3. People sincerely believe that and their self-confidence. In fact, the humiliation of others helps them restore their own self-esteem.
4. The behavior of people is affected by bodily sensations. For example, there is a strong association between heaviness and such features as “importance” and “seriousness”. A person is assessed as more serious and sustained, if his CV was applied in a heavy folder, and vice versa.
5. Similarly, the feeling of rigidity and hardness makes people inflexible. People sitting on hard chairs were more uncompromising in the negotiations. Feeling a rough surface causes in people a sense of the complexity of human relations.
6. People tend to commit or do not fulfill someone’s request for help, if no effort is needed and they do not have to refuse a person directly.
7. However, more people behave “as expected” if they have to take a moral decision in front of someone.
8. Lying requires a lot of mental effort. A person who is lying has to keep in mind at the same time the lie – that it to say, and the truth – in order to hide it. As a result, he uses simple sentences and finds it more difficult to cope with mental tasks.
9. When people are being watched, they behave better. And the illusion of being watched works, too. It was enough to hang a picture of human eyes in a self-service cafeteria, so that more people began to collect their dishes.
10. Behavior affects morality. People who lied, betrayed someone or committed other immoral act begin to perceive what is good or bad in another way.
11. Attractive and honest appearance can easily be misleading. People tend to trust appearance more than sincerity.
12. Appearance plays an important role even when voting during elections. Maturity and physical attractiveness of politicians were mostly important for voters’ choice (unconsciously, of course).
13. More successful and rich people are considered to be more intelligent and wise, and vice versa. Often, people tend to think that those who are successful or those who suffer deserve it.
14. Happier is not the one who has a lot of money, but the one who has more than his neighbor does. People constantly compare themselves with others and feel satisfied if they are superior in some respect.
15. Anger increases the desire of possession in people. People make more efforts to obtain the object that is associated with angry faces.
16. The more complex the decision to be taken is, the more people tend to leave things as they are. If the store has too much choice and people cannot immediately find out which of the products is better, most probably they will leave without buying.
17. When people feel they have, no control over what is happening, they tend to see non-existent patterns in unrelated pictures and believe in conspiracy theories.
18. People regret quick decisions, even if the results are satisfying. Not the actual time allotted for the decision matters, but the feeling that the time was enough.
19. Not all risks are the same. The same person can fearlessly jump with a parachute, but be afraid of his boss. Or to train tigers, but feel embarrassed when talking to a pretty woman.
20. Boredom has a bright side. Bored people are often looking for ways to do good things as the entertainment bores them and does not bring meaning to their lives.
The 'self-image' is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior. If we each take responsibility in shifting our own behavior, we can trigger the type of change that is necessary to achieve sustainability for our race or this planet. We change our planet, our environment, our humanity every day, every year, every decade, and every millennia.
God Bless !!